~Last update: 8/11/2020
Due to COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines, we have closed ten of our thirty-one rooms. This greatly helps us protect you and our staff by diminishing our property’s traffic. As a Special Offer, if you stay six nights, your seventh night is FREE! Please call us today at 530-546-4281 or visit our website to make your reservations.
Cedar Glen Lodge Covid-19 Protocol ~ Mission Statement
We are committed to offering our guests an enriching experience to fully appreciate the natural beauty of North Lake Tahoe. It is our goal to provide a wholesome and safe environment for both our guests and staff. During this transition from a worldwide pandemic to a more familiar way of life, we have implemented the following protocols to ensure the health and safety of our guests and Cedar Glen Lodge family. We are in full compliance with the state and county authorities regarding new and revised lodging guidelines.
Cedar Glen Lodge asks all guests to observe the following protocols:
- Please do not travel if you are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19.
- Cedar Glen Lodge offers contactless check in. Guests are given instructions prior to arrival.
- Once arrived, continue to monitor for possible symptoms and the overall health of every member of your party.
- Practice physical distancing and adhere to all signage placed around the property.
- As of June 18, 2020, the state of California requires face coverings in public areas. If you didn’t bring your own, we are happy to provide them.
- Use the hand sanitizer stations that have been placed at 4 locations around the property.
- Beach chairs, coolers and water toys will not be provided.
- Board games and puzzles will not be available.
- Equipment for the putting green, badminton area and ping pong table are available at each location. We ask that guests use the provided sanitizer before and after use.
- Please contact the front desk for any additional amenities not the Housekeeping Staff.
- If you need to exchange soiled linens or towels, please secure them in the provided plastic bags to prevent our staff from direct contact with them.
- Guests can contact the front desk between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. at 530-546-4281 or by using the black phone next to the lobby and dialing the two-digit number that is posted.
- Room keys will not be recycled and do not need to be returned to the front desk.
- Disinfectant supplied upon request.
The following items are removed from all rooms:
- Pool towels, extra pillows, blankets, and towels. Please make sure to request those at the front desk if more are needed.
- Pool towels are available in the pool area.
- All periodicals
- Pens and tablets
- Hotel provided signage
- Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- The continental breakfast is currently suspended.
- The lobby, wine bar and dining areas are not accessible to any guests, non-front desk personnel, vendors or deliveries.
- Daily housekeeping service will be suspended. Our staff cannot enter an occupied room. Please contact the front desk if you need anything.
- Barbecues and our fire-pit are available.
- The pool hours are 10:00 a.m. to 9 p.m. This ensures time for proper sanitation of all pool furniture. Chairs, lounges and tables are spaced to ensure physical distancing. A list of guidelines is posted in the pool area. The spa and sauna remain closed. The maintenance and care of the pool will be as directed by Placer County Health Department in accordance to CDC specifications.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are placed at the hotel entrance, pool area and on the first floor of the lodge for guest use.
Front Desk Procedures
- Contactless check in and out procedures, lobby is closed to the pubic.
- All guests will be emailed a payment request the day before their arrival to avoid contact with credit cards. Cash payments are not accepted. Upon request, a folio will be sent to the email address provided.
- Office personnel will be required to wear masks when dealing directly with others.
- Front desk staff is onsite and available from 8:00 am to 9:00 PM
Our Housekeeping staff, as well as our front desk personnel, have been thoroughly trained and observe the following preventative measures:
- The temperature of every employee is taken at the start and conclusion of their shift. Questions are asked regarding their general health. In the event that anyone is experiencing any symptoms of illness, they will be asked to cease working and seek medical attention. They may return to work once they receive medical clearance.
- PPE equipment is provided for all housekeepers. Masks and gloves, both nitrile and rubber are required and must be changed and disposed every time they enter a new room.
- Whenever possible, guestrooms will remain vacant 24-72 hours prior to arrival and upon departure.
- Lunch breaks will be staggered to avoid any contact.
- We require frequent hand washing.
- We ask that all staff members practice physical distancing with cohorts and guests.
- In addition to our high standards of sanitation, all staff members are equipped with EPA approved disinfectants, such as UVC Light Wands, spray bottles with Hypochlorous Acid (HOCI), in addition to their usual cleaning solutions.
Heightened attention is addressed in each room for the following high-touch areas:
- Door knobs, light switches, lamps, curtain, blind and ceiling fan chains, outlets, cabinet pulls, handles and knobs, temperature controls, window sills and handles, remote controls, TV channel guide, large and small appliance controls, coffee makers, hair dryers, soap and shampoo dispensers, hangars, irons and ironing boards, luggage racks, porch railings. Kitchen sponges will be replaced.
- All trash and soiled linens will be handled with caution, following the proper protocols.
Disinfected surfaces include but not limited to:
- Chairs, couches and all soft surfaces
- Counter tops, cabinets, tables and chairs
- Floors, tubs, showers and sinks
- Indoor trash bins
- All in-room cleaning supplies
- Upon departure, all windows will be opened to promote air circulation.
- All laundry is handled with caution and according to CDC guidelines.